new delhi:After all, after the long dispute, the BCCI has announced the team for the Champions Trophy. India will send its full-strength team to England Gautam Gambhir and Suresh Raina have not been given the place in the team.
The team is: Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, MS Dhoni (wicketkeeper), Yuvraj Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, R. Ashwin, R. Jadeja, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhubaneswar Kumar, Jaspreet Bumrah, Manish Pandey.
The ICC Champions Trophy, the second largest tournament of the ICC, will be played in England on June 1. The previous champions India’s first match is from Pakistan on June 4. The last date for sending the team list to the ICC was April 25. But due to revenue dispute with the ICC, the BCCI did not announce the timing of the Indian team on schedule. In the BCCI SGM on Sunday, it was decided that India will not have any legal dispute with the ICC yet and the team will play the Champions Trophy.
India’s match in Group B?
1. June 4: India vs Pakistan, Edgbaston, Birmingham, 3.00 pm
2. June 8: India vs Sri Lanka, Kennington Oval, London, 3.00 pm
3. June 11: India vs. the Africa, Kennington Oval, London, 3.00 pm
Group A has Australia, England, New Zealand and Bangladesh teams.
The semi-finals will be played on June 14 and 15, the final will be played on June 18.
When did the Champions Trophy win?
1. Wills International Cup (Bangladesh), 1998-99, S. Africa won
2. ICC Knockout (Kenya), 2000-01, New Zealand won
3. ICC Champions Trophy (Sri Lanka), 2002-03, Indo-Sri Lanka joint winner
4. ICC Champions Trophy (England), 2004, West Indies won
5. ICC Champions Trophy (India), 2006-07, Australia won
6. ICC Champions Trophy (South Africa), 2009-10, Australia won
7. ICC Champions Trophy (England), 20013, India won